Options for Participation
- "Do it yourself" Go to our website www.emersonbrookforest.org and download the self-assessment document. Fill it out and have a prospective home-sharer fill it out also. It should help you identify issues you need to resolve as you think about living together.
- Call Kate Kerman at 603 209-0946 or Valerie Piedmont at 603 357-0860 for a brief phone consultation to help you decide if you would like to use our services. Once you commit yourself to the process you may schedule an in-person appointment to begin the Mediated Home Share Service matching process. Before the appointment you will be expected to complete the basic information form, the self-assessment questionnaire and a draft of your "want ad" so we can help you craft a brief description for us to circulate. Your sliding scale membership fee (See Fee Schedule) is due at this time. Make checks payable to The Sustainability Project
- Once the intake session has happened we will:
- look for matches among other people who have signed up
- advertise for appropriate matches
- sign you up for a training on conflict resolution and tips on sharing homes.
- If you want to pursue a possible home share, we will facilitate a mediated discussion to create a shared living agreement.
- After you have shared a home for an agreed-upon time, we will have a check-in meeting to see how things are going.
- If issues arise that you are not able to negotiate yourselves, your membership will cover one free mediation. If a home share does not work after you have attempted to resolve difficulties, you may choose to re-enter the process above.
- Office work
- Fund raising
- Volunteers will be offered the same conflict resolution workshops as the members.
- This entitles you to a free conflict resolution workshop and one (1) free mediation for an existing home share situation.
P.O. Box 311, 26 Emerson Brook Drive, Gilsum, NH 03448, (603) 209-7272