Mediated Home Share Services Guiding Principles:
- Every person, regardless of background, education or experience, is a person of value.
- Every person deserves to have a place in the community to call home.
- Home should be a nurturing place of comfort and safety.
- Having a home should not depend exclusively on one's ability to pay for it.
- Diversity and a variety of life-styles promote a healthy and vibrant community.
- A community is strengthened and community life enhanced when all of its members have a place to call home.
- Institutionalization of any kind should be a last resort.
- Everyone thrives in an atmosphere of compassion, mutual respect and loyalty.
- Relationship building and networking within communities leads to creative approaches to housing.
- Mediation skills can be learned by each and every one of us in order to grow personally and to enhance our commitment to each other's well being.
- With the right communication skills, all conflict is an opportunity for growth and mutual understanding.
P.O. Box 311, 26 Emerson Brook Drive, Gilsum, NH 03448, (603) 209-7272