Articles of Incorporation
The Sustainability Project was incorporated on March 21, 2000 in the State of New Hampshire for the following purposes:
- To create an inclusive accessible facility in the regenerating Emerson Brook Forest, to study forest ecology, and to study, practice and disseminate information for living sustainably on the planet, while preserving the environmental and ecological integrity of this real property and all others that may come forth.
- To reach out into the local community and cooperate with existing organizations, institutions and businesses to encourage community building and sustainable living practices such as community gardens, community supported agriculture, seed saving and community meals; the organization of naturalized support systems for the local community’s elderly, disabled young people, parents and other individuals with special needs; and the development of a community expressive arts program (theater, music, creative writing, storytelling, etc.)for the purposes of achieving said goals and objectives of the organization.
- To purchase, receive or take by grant, gift, devise, bequest or otherwise, lease, or otherwise acquire, own, hold, improve, employ, use or otherwise deal in and with, real or personal property, or any interest therein, wherever situated, in an unlimited amount for the purpose of conservation and preservation of open and sustainably inhabited lands.
- To raise funds through donations, grants, loans, or any other means necessary to carry out the aforementioned objectives.
- To expand and engage in other activities related to inclusion, community building, environmental education and expanding our capability to live sustainably and/while encouraging others to do the same.
(Source: EBFSP Amended Bylaws 1/15/01)
The Sustainability Project
P.O. Box 311, 26 Emerson Brook Drive, Gilsum, NH 03448, (603) 209-7272